Official Studio Scheduling, Payment & Rescheduling Policies
By purchasing private lesson time in advance, you’re agreeing to be bound by the following terms:
- At the end of the last lesson of each month, we will schedule your lessons for the coming month in person. You’ll immediately receive a confirmation email with all the details, and a link to reschedule more than 48hrs in advance.
- Each private lesson is scheduled, and paid for in advance, and retains the same principles as a concert ticket – once you have paid for your seat, there are no refunds. You can scalp your seat to a friend or colleague if you’d like, but once it’s officially on the books, we are committed to the place, time and date. All private lesson payments expire 45 days after purchase.
- You have up until 48 hours before the start of each private lesson to reschedule it to any available time during the current month for which the lesson was purchased.
- Subscriptions are paid in advance, and retain the same principles as pre-paid phone plan, Netflix streaming plan, gym membership, or monthly rental property. For example, a typical subscription for four 60 minute private lessons is billed and scheduled on the 22nd of January, reserving four 60 minute sessions for February. February’s lessons expire at the end of February, and cannot be rescheduled, or combined in any way after February – the month for which they were purchased. If you do not use the lesson time you paid for in February, you cannot request the time be “made-up” at a later date.
Have some goals.
Our private lessons are based on your self-directed goals, and my assessment of the next step to get you there. This can take one of many forms, including:
- Learning by Ear
- Bespoke Arrangements
- Recommended Repertoire & Method Books from my Library
It’s important that you share your goals on your instrument. Musical goals should include skills like:
- Memorizing complete songs
- Literacy (reading & writing music notation & tablature)
- Fretboard logic (pitch locations, scales, arpeggios & chord shapes)
- Musical Vernacular (language of styles like Blues, Jazz, Country, etc.)
- Improvisation (instant composition)
- Ear training (playing what you hear & hearing what you play)
- Music Theory (structure & logic behind sounds that move you)
- Accompaniment (sing & play melody/backup)
- Composition (culmination of musical expression)
It’s also helpful to share your deeper motivations, like:
- Fun & Self-Expression
- Acquiring Knowledge & Skills
- Joining A Community
Daily practice is a necessity.
You should practice no less than 60m/day, in addition to our sessions together. Private lessons are a total of 2-4 hours of focused musical refinement each month. If you create this time investment on a daily basis, you should see noticeable advancements in your technique, memorization, and ability to play by ear after 3-6 consecutive months.
The focused daily habits you create now, will reap exponential rewards the longer you practice them.
48hr Cancellation Policy
I keep the trains running on time by enforcing a firm 48-hour cancellation policy. I do this as much for you as for me. The more predictable your practice schedule is, the more productive our time together will be. You have until 48-hours before we are scheduled to meet to forfeit your paid lesson time, or reschedule it.
A phone-free zone.
- Chris Conly Guitar Studio is a phone/text-free zone.
- If it’s an emergency, you can step outside to make/take a call at the expense of your time, but during private lessons phones should be silent, or turned off.
You’re paying for time – leave your baggage behind.
- No need to bring more than your instrument, notebook/folder & pencil, and your full attention.
- I provide spring water bottles free of charge, so no need for outside food or beverages.
- Make the most of your time – you’re paying for my expertise and advice – so don’t hesitate to ask questions, take notes, or request additional resources.
Early is on time.
- Arrive 5 minutes early. Trains & parking can be a drag, so aim to be early, and you can make the most of our time together.
- If I’m running over with a previous student, I will be sure to make up your time at the end of our lesson together.
- If do think you’ll be arriving more than 5 minutes late, make sure to call or text me: (347) 855-6564. If I haven’t heard anything from you after 15 minutes, and have to wait or worry, I will give the time to other students.
Be prepared to practice your craft.
- Tune your instrument before arriving and it will save you 5 minutes.
- The studio provides free, hi-speed wi-fi.
- Restrooms are located in the back. No showers.
Save your seat with your monthly tuition subscription.
- Full time teachers, activists and senior citizens over 65 years of age qualify a 15% discount off the regular monthly tuition subscription price.
- All tuition payments are non-refundable, non-transferrable and non-exchangeable. No exceptions.
- Your payment info is securely stored by a 3rd party to facilitate your monthly tuition subscription.
- Your credit card on file will be charged for the coming month, on the 22nd of the current month.
- If your card is declined, I cannot hold time for you, and will give it to the next student in line.
- Tuition is paid in advance to reserve your seat. Otherwise the time is given to the next student in line.
- Paid-in-full, monthly tuition may not be placed on hold.
- Monthly tuition subscriptions can be cancelled with a minimum of 30 days notice by emailing email@example.com. All subscriptions have a minimum term of 3 months. Memberships are not prorated and may not be cancelled prior to 3 month introductory term for any reason.
- Monthly tuition subscriptions can be placed on hold with a minimum of 30 days notice. Subscriptions may be placed on hold for travel or medical condition one time per six month period. A subscription may not be on hold for more than 30 days in any calendar year. Subscription holds must be requested via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscriptions may not be placed on hold during the initial 6 month period.
If you have any questions, send them to: email@example.com.